Smoked Salmon Pasta
WITH Sarah McCarthy
This recipe is the key for a Mediterranean diet, a diet shown to be beneficial to your mental health. Full of protein from the smoked salmon and chickpeas and a massive hit of fibre for improved gut health from wholemeal pasta and chickpeas. An easy way to get in your legume (chickpea) fix. For a gluten-free version, swap wholemeal pasta for gluten free pasta.
- 250g wholemeal pasta (half of a 500g bag)
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp capers
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 10 slices of smoked salmon (~200g, thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp dill (chopped)
- 2 tbsp parsley (chopped)
- 1 can of chickpeas (drained)
- Boil water, add pasta and cook according to the package.
- Place oil, lemon juice, capers, mustard, and onion in a small saucepan over low-medium heat and cook for 2 mins or until heated through.
- Add chickpeas to pan.
- Toss mixture into pasta. Add salmon and then dill and parsley.