One Pot Tuscan Salmon
WITH Jazmyn McKinnie
- 400 – 450g salmon fillets (buy salmon in bulk in the freezer section to save $$)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning or oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 tomatoes
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 bunch basil
- 1/4 cup veggie stock
- 1 can white beans
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Prep: Finely dice tomatoes and onion, roughly chop basil, crush garlic.
- Add salmon to a large mixing bowl, drizzle over olive oil, add paprika and herbs, mix together.
- Heat pan on a medium heat, add salmon and cook 4 mins each side.
- Put salmon aside and cover.
- Add onion and garlic to the same pan (it will soak up the juices!) and cook 1 min.
- Add tomatoes, beans, basil, stock and mix together.
- Bring to boil and cook 5 mins.
- Place spinach on top of mixture and leave until spinach wilts (approx. 5 mins), then mix through.
- Insert the salmon back into pan and let heat up for a minute or two.
Cost-saving tip – salmon isn’t the cheapest fish out there, but most supermarkets like coles and woolworths sell big packs of frozen salmon fillets in the freezer section. This will almost halve the cost of salmon per serve. We recommend buying in bulk to save those $$.