Nutty Protein Bars
WITH Sarah McCarthy
The perfect sweet afternoon snack, yet still providing a high amount of protein to keep you feeling full until your next main meal. The variety of nuts and seeds are hugely beneficial for your brain health and promote glowing skin. Recipe from @dietitianrose.
- 1 cup of almonds
- ½ cup of peanuts
- 2 cups of soy protein crisps
- ¼ cup of honey
- ¼ cup of sunflower seeds/pepitas
- 50g of dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees. Line a pan with baking paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the almonds, peanuts, pepitas/sunflower seed mix, soy protein crisps and honey. Mix until well combined.
- Transfer to a lined tray. Using a spatula, press down the mixture until firm and evenly distributed.
- Bake for ~30 minutes or until golden. Once cooked, remove from the oven and allow to cool for ~45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Using a knife, cut into 12 bars and drizzle the melted chocolate.