Immunity Strengthening Soup
WITH Jazmyn McKinnie
This week we have created a base to a healthy soup full of foods that will help keep your immune system strong. This soup is designed to be made with whatever is in your pantry or whatever you can find in the supermarket. It doesn’t matter if one or two ingredients are missing, you will still be able to make an easy and nourishing soup. Aim for around 6 cups of veggies in this soup.
- 1 onion
- 1/2 TBSP turmeric powder
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 TBSP ginger paste
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stick
- 1 capsicum
- 1 cup of butternut squash
- 1 bunch silverbeet
- 1 handfuls of fresh rosemary and thyme leaves
- 6 cups of chicken stock (you could also use 3 cups stock & 3 cups water)
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 can of creamed corn
- 2 cans white beans, drained
- Chop all fresh veggies into small cubes.
- Tear silverbeet leaves off stalks and put aside, chop up the stalks from the silverbeet and add with other veggies.
- Heat oil in large pot add onions, garlic and ginger, cook for 2 mins.
- Add veggies to pot: carrot, celery, pumpkin, capsicum, silverbeet stalks and cook for 8-10 mins or until they are starting to soften.
- Add tomatoes, herbs, stock, canned corn, and a pinch of salt and pepper, then let simmer for 30 mins.
- Add silverbeet leaves and canned beans then simmer for another 10 mins.
To join our FREE LIVE online classes that run multiple times every day and get your own personalised nutrition plan, invitations to FREE wellness offerings and competitions complete our registration form.