Spring Salad with Garlic Roasted Potatoes
WITH Jazmyn McKinnie
Dinner/Lunch • 50 mins • Serves: 4 • Cost: $10.50 (approx. $2.63/serve)
Prep time: 10 mins
Oven time: 40mins
- 4 small – medium white potatoes
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ lemon
- ½ bunch parsley
- 2 cups leafy greens (spinach, rocket etc.)
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ block feta
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- preheat oven to 180oC (fan-forced)
- chop potatoes into approx. 3x3cm pieces (smaller pieces = faster cooking time), add to large baking dish.
- finely chop parsley, juice half the lemon, crush garlic cloves and mix with potatoes and 2 TBSP olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30mins
- Blanch asparagus and peas: chop asparagus into bite size pieces, boil sauce pan of water and set up a bowl of iced water. Boil asparagus and peas for 2 mins, transfer to iced water for 1 min. Drain and set aside.
- When the potatoes have been in oven for 30mins, add chickpeas and bake for final 10mins
- Mix leafy greens, asparagus and peas with potatoes, season with salt and pepper.
Serve with and extra drizzle of olive oil and fresh lemon wedges!