WITH Sarah McCarthy
Use this recipe as preparation at the start of the week, as the protein source of a variety of meals, for example - use on pizza, tacos or a sandwich. It is quick and easy to make, and a great protein source to keep you fuller for longer!
700g (2-3) Chicken Breasts
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Cup of Chicken Stock
Salt and Pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan on medium heat.
- Place the chicken breast in the pan. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Season the top of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Use tongs to flip the chicken.
- Add the chicken stock.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 7-10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and shred the chicken. There are two ways to do this - you can use two forks to shred the chicken or you can place the chicken in the bowl of your stand mixer.
- Store in a container. It will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge and up to 2 months in the freezer.