Red Curry Noodles with Tofu
WITH Jazmyn McKinnie
Dinner/Lunch • 25 mins • Serves: 6 • Cost: $17.12 approx. ($2.85/serve).
- 900g Tofu
- 4 TBSP red curry paste
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 Litre vegetable stock
- 200g rice noodles (brown rice noodles if you can find them)
- 1 onion
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed (or 3 tsp crushed garlic)
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 bunch of asian leafy greens (e.g bok choy, Chinese broccoli, choy sum)
- extra virgin olive oil
- coriander and fresh lime to serve
- Prep vege: dice onion, slice capsicum and greens, chop the tofu into cubes.
- Boil the kettle, place rice noodles in a large bowl, then pour boiling water over noodles. Put aside and let sit.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pot over a medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic and capsicum and stir-fry for 5 mins.
- Add curry paste and cook for 1 min.
- Add coconut milk, vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Once boiling turn heat down so the liquid is simmering.
- Add Asian greens and cook for 5 mins.
- drain the rice noodles, then add to the pot.
- Gently stir in the tofu.
Serve with fresh lime and coriander!