Prawn Watermelon & Mint Salad
WITH Jazmyn McKinnie
Dinner/Lunch • 20 mins • Serves: 4 • Cost: $29 approx. ($7.25/serve)
- 400g raw prawns, peeled
- ¼ watermelon
- 1 cucumber
- 1 bunch watercress
- ½ bunch mint
- 2 limes
- ½ block feta
- 1 tsp honey
- 1tsp maple syrup
- ½ cup pecans
- 1 garlic clove/1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- Pre heat over to 150oC
- Marinate prawns, with juice of 1 lime, garlic and salt & pepper, set aside.
- Mix maple syrup and a pinch of salt with pecans, bake for 8-10mins
- Prepare Salad: Dice watermelon, cucumber and feta, wash and tear mint leaves, wash and pick off watercress leaves.
- Prepare Dressing: Mix juice of other lime, lime zest, honey, olive oil and pinch of salt and pepper
- Crush pecans with the base of a saucepan
- Heat grill pan with drizzle of olive oil on a medium heat, cook prawns 2 mins each side or until cooked through.
- Serve all together!