Honey Lemon Chicken
WITH Jazmyn McKinnie
Dinner/Lunch • 25 mins • Serves: 4 • Cost: $16 approx. ($4/serve)
- 2 chicken breasts (approx. 500g)
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups beans
- 2 packets microwave brown rice
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 tsp or 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 1 TBSP cornflour
- extra virgin olive oil and salt & pepper
- Chop broccoli and beans into bite-size pieces, slice mushrooms.
- Slice chicken into bite-size pieces
- Lemon honey sauce: mix together lemon juice, honey, soy sauce, garlic and cornflour with a fork, put aside.
- Pour a small drizzle of olive oil on a pan or wok at a medium heat.
- Cook veggies for 4 mins, then put aside on a plate.
- Drizzle more olive oil in the same pan, add the chicken and cook for 6-7mins, flipping the chicken over regularly so all sides are cooked.
- Add the cooked veggies, sesame seeds and the lemon honey sauce to the pan, season with salt & pepper, cook for a further 2mins.
- Heat the brown rice up in the microwave as per packet instructions.
Serve chicken and veggie mix over the rice!