Honey Lemon Chicken
WITH Jazmyn McKinnie
- 2 chicken breasts (approx. 500g)
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups beans
- 2 packets microwave brown rice
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 TBSP soy sauce
- 1 tsp or 1 clove of crushed garlic
- 1 TBSP cornflour
- extra virgin olive oil and salt & pepper
- Chop broccoli and beans into bite-size pieces, slice mushrooms.
- Slice chicken into bite-size pieces
- Lemon honey sauce: mix together lemon juice, honey, soy sauce, garlic and cornflour with a fork, put aside.
- Pour a small drizzle of olive oil on a pan or wok at a medium heat.
- Cook veggies for 4 mins, then put aside on a plate.
- Drizzle more olive oil in the same pan, add the chicken and cook for 6-7mins, flipping the chicken over regularly so all sides are cooked.
- Add the cooked veggies, sesame seeds and the lemon honey sauce to the pan, season with salt & pepper, cook for a further 2mins.
- Heat the brown rice up in the microwave as per packet instructions.
Serve chicken and veggie mix over the rice!
To join our FREE LIVE online classes that run multiple times every day and get your own personalised nutrition plan, invitations to FREE wellness offerings and competitions complete our registration form.