Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
WITH Sarah McCarthy
If there's one thing better than a chicken Caesar salad, it's a chicken Caesar pasta salad. Loaded with protein from the chicken and a healthy homemade dressing. loaded with juicy chicken, crispy romaine lettuce, and a healthy Caesar dressing. The perfect summer lunch when you feel like a salad but also feeling like something a little more filling.
For the Pasta Salad:
- 340g penne pasta
- 3 heads of Cos lettuce
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
For the Dressing:
- 1.5 cups plain yoghurt
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3/4 cup parmesan, grated
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, on the stove.
- Once the water is boiling, add in the pasta and cook until it is al dente (refer to pasta packet).
- When the pasta is cooked through, drain it and rinse it thoroughly with cold water. Set the pasta aside to cool while you prepare the dressing.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a blender and blend until it's smooth and creamy.
- Chop the heads of the lettuce and add them to a bowl.
- Assemble the salad by adding the pasta into the bowl with the lettuce, along with the chicken and parmesan, and then pour the dressing on top of the pasta salad.
- Toss to fully combine, then serve the salad.