Biscoff Overnight Weetbix
WITH Sarah McCarthy
Breakfast • 5 Minutes • Serves: 1 • Cost: $2.70
This recipe proves there are no “good” or “bad” foods. All foods are equal and the combination of foods that are of higher nutritional content with foods those that have lower nutritional content, can still create a healthy balanced meal. This is high in protein (from yoghurt and milk) with a good punch of wholegrain carbohydrates (from the weetbix) so it will keep you feeling full. The only thing missing in this brekky is colour… Try include plenty of colour (from vegetables) over the rest of your day.
- 160g tub (or ½ cup) high protein yoghurt (e.g. Chobani, YoPro)
- 1 tbsp Biscoff spread
- 80 mL milk of your choice
- 2 weetbix
- Crush Weetbix in a bowl, add milk of choice and stir the bowl well.
- Pat the Weetbix mixture down firmly to create an even layer for the base.
- In a separate bowl/cup, combine the yoghurt and 1 tsp Biscoff spread. You may need to slightly melt your Biscoff spread to combine the mixture well.
- Pour the yoghurt mix into your container to cover the Weetbix base with an even layer.
- Melt the remaining Biscoff spread in the microwave, then drizzle on top of the yoghurt mix.
- Set in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight.