San Choy Bau (Lettuce Cups)
WITH Jazmyn McKinnie
Dinner/Lunch • 20 mins • Serves: 4 • Cost: $14.20 approx. ($3.55/serve)
- 400g pork, turkey or chicken mince (we used turkey)
- 1 can lentils
- ½ bunch spring onions
- 1 carrot
- 1 capsicum,
- 2 heads of of cos lettuce (can also use iceberg)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 TBSP honey
- 3 cloves garlic (or 3 tsp of garlic paste)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh coriander
- Fresh chilli
- Fresh Lime
- Prep: grate carrot, finely slice capsicum, slice spring onion, crush garlic.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil on a large pan or wok on medium – high heat.
- Add mince and garlic and cook for 3 mins, until outsides of mice look cooked.
- Add veggies and cook for another 3 mins.
- Add soy sauce, honey, lentils and cook for final 5 mins.
- Separate lettuce cups so they are sitting on your plate like boats.
- Fill the lettuce cups with the mince mixture.
- Serve with your choice of fresh coriander, chilli and lime (we used all three).