WITH Sarah McCarthy
Breakfast • 30 Minutes • Serves: 12 • Cost: $5.50 ($0.45 per Serve)
Raspberry muffins that you can have as a quick and easy breakfast, or make 30 mini muffins and have as a snack! These healthy muffins use wholemeal flour which is a good source of fibre and antioxidants from the extra virgin olive oil and raspberries. The white chocolate chips are "optional."
- 300g self-raising wholemeal flour
- 1 large egg, lightly whisked
- 200ml low-fat milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 medium lemon
- 80ml olive oil
- 80ml maple syrup
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and spray muffin tray, place 12 paper liners in a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Place the flour in a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, milk, vanilla extract, lemon zest, olive oil and maple syrup together until combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour well and stir gently to combine.
- Gently fold in the raspberries and white chocolate.
- Spoon the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the muffin comes out clean.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tray before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!