Pumpkin & Chickpea Pita Pizza
WITH Jazmyn McKinnie
Dinner/Lunch • 30 mins • Serves: 4 • Cost: $11.50 approx. ($3 .80/serve)
- 2 Large wholemeal pita breads
- 500g butternut pumpkin
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 red onion
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 100g feta
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp allspice
- handful fresh parsley
- extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 TBSP tahini (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 200oC and line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Chop pumpkin into SMALL 1.5cm x 1.5cm pieces (this is important so they cook quickly) and add to the baking tray.
- drain and rinse chickpeas, then add to the tray.
- Drizzle olive oil over pumpkin and chickpeas, add cumin, paprika, allspice and a pinch of salt & pepper, mix together with your hands.
- Bake in oven for 15 mins.
- Prep vege: thinly slice red onion and tomato, roughly chop parsley and feta.
- Yoghurt sauce: juice lemon, crush garlic clove, mix altogether with yoghurt, tahini and a pinch of salt & pepper. Put aside.
- Remove pumpkin and chickpeas from the oven
- Assemble Pita: Place pita breads on 2 oven trays, drizzle over olive oil, sprinkle salt & pepper, add tomatoes, red onion, spinach, pumpkin & chickpeas and feta. Bake for 5 mins
- Serve with fresh parsley and yoghurt sauce. (handy tip - pour the sauce in a snaplock bag, snip off the tip of the corner and use as a pipe to drizzle sauce over pizza).