Potato Top Fish Pie
WITH Jazmyn McKinnie
Dinner/Lunch • 35 mins • Serves: 4 • Cost: $20.30 approx. ($5.08/serve)
- 400g of salmon
- 500g Potatoes
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 Broccoli head
- ½ bunch Spring onion
- 1 cup of skim milk (plus a splash for potato mash)
- 3TB olive oil
- 2 TBSP wholemeal flour
- salt and pepper
- ½ bunch dill
- Preheat oven to 180oC (fan-forced)
- Chop and boil potatoes until cooked.
- Slice spring onion, chop broccoli into small bite size pieces and finely chop dill, put aside.
- Chop salmon into small pieces.
- Heat olive oil in pan, add salmon and vege, cook for 5mins (or until salmon is just cooked), put pan aside.
- Heal 2 TBSP olive oil in small saucepan, add 2 TBSP wholemeal flour, whisk until boiling, add 1 cup of milk, mix until thickened.
- Add sauce to salmon and vege then mix with dill, salt and pepper.
- Mash cooked spuds with garlic and a splash of milk.
- Spread salmon and vege mixture across bottom of a pie dish or baking dish.
- Evenly spread mashed potato on top.
- Bake for 15mins.