One Tray Nachos
WITH Sarah McCarthy
Dinner/Lunch • 15 Minutes • Serves: 4 • Cost: $22.00 ($5.50 Per Serve)
Try our one-tray nachos, with our Shredded Chicken recipe, lentils or cooked meat bought from the store/homemade. A quick and easy Mexican recipe with many plants! The perfect dish to serve when you have family or friends over. The protein from any type of shredded meat or lentils, the fibre and colour from the variety of veg and the corn chips as a source of carbohydrates. Enjoy!
- 2 cups of lettuce (shredded)
- 2 cups of corn chips
- 1 cup of cheese
- 2 tomatoes (diced)
- 1 red onion (diced)
- 1 jalapenos (sliced)
- Small bunch of coriander (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- ½ avocado
- 1 lime
- 400g cooked meat (store-bought or homemade), our Shredded Chicken or meat alternative (legumes - lentils, chickpeas or beans)
- Line tray with corn chips.
- Sprinkle cheese over corn chips.
- Bake in oven 180 degrees until cheese has melted.
- While waiting for the oven, mash avocado and add a squeeze of lime to make guacamole.
- Take tray out of the oven, add cooked meat/chicken/meat alternative (heated).
- Sprinkle tomatoes, onion, herbs and garlic.
- Add guacamole, jalapenos and lettuce. Enjoy!