Easy Salmon and Rice Bowl
WITH Sarah McCarthy
Dinner/Lunch • 10 Minutes • Serves: 1 • Cost: $8.00
Only have 10 minutes to prep a lunch or dinner? This is an easy one to whip up super quickly. A good hit of protein and omega 3 fatty acids from the salmon, good for your brain and skin. Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 125g salmon fillet
- ¼ avocado (sliced)
- 1 cucumber (cubed)
- ½ cup (~80-90g) of cooked rice
- 1-2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 sheet seaweed (thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp kewpie mayo
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- ½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil (to cook salmon)
- In a small bowl, mix together honey, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar and minced garlic. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook salmon with salt and pepper for 3 minutes or until almost cooked through.
- Turn over, cook until salmon is just cooked through.
- Turn heat down to low and pour sauce mix over salmon.
- Quickly flip the salmon so it’s coated all over. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, heat rice according to packet instructions.
- Flake salmon using a fork.
- Put rice, cucumber, avocado and seaweed in a bowl. Top with salmon. Drizzle with soy sauce, mayo and sriracha. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.