Winter Warming Dahl
WITH Jazmyn McKinnie
Dinner/Lunch • 40 mins • Serves: 4 • Cost: $11.50 approx. ($2.87/serve)
- 1 onion
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 TBSP fresh grated ginger
- 250g butternut pumpkin
- 4 cups hot vegetable stock (1litre)
- 1 ½ cups dry red lentils
- 1 can chickpeas
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 3 big handfuls of spinach
- olive oil salt and pepper
- Prep: Dice pumpkin into small cubes (2 x 2cm), dice tomato, dice onion, grate ginger, crush garlic, heat stock in microwave safe jug for 5 mins.
- Heat olive oil in large pot and sauté onion for 1 min.
- Add turmeric, cumin, cinnamon, garlic, ginger and butternut pumpkin, cook 1 min.
- Add hot stock
- Rinse red lentils then add to pot
- Add chickpeas and tomatoes, bring to boil then simmer for 20mins until pumpkin is tender.
- Stir through the spinach until wilted.
- Stir through coconut cream then turn off heat.
Serve with fresh coriander and Greek yoghurt!