Chicken Poke Bowl
WITH Sarah McCarthy
A delicious chicken poke bowl to make at home or pack for work. Packed with protein, fibre and nutrients from natural ingredients that will keep you satisfied and full all day, giving you long-lasting energy you need for the day.
- 1 cup kale (chopped, without stem)
- ½ cucumber (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup coleslaw mix (cabbage + carrot)
- ½ cup cooked rice
- 2 tbsp Japanese sesame dressing
- 2 tbsp of chopped roasted almonds (chopped)
- 2 tbsp of hemp seeds
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ avocado
- Half a chicken breast (thinly sliced)
- Heat the pan on high heat. Use spray oil to coat the pan.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken. Add chicken to the pan and cook for 3 minutes each side, or until cooked through. Remove from pan when cooked.
- When the chicken has cooled, cut finely.
- Transfer chopped kale to a big mixing bowl, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and drizzle 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice and 1/2 tbsp of olive oil all over.
- Using your hands, massage the kale leaves for 2-3 minutes or until the leaves turn into a darker shade of green.
- Lay a bed of brown rice into your bowl. Then top with cabbage mix, kale, sliced cucumbers, chicken, roasted almonds and hemp seeds.
- Drizzle Japanese sesame dressing all over or serve dressing on the side.