Chicken Pita Pockets
WITH Jazmyn McKinnie
Dinner/Lunch • 25 mins • Serves: 4 • Cost: $13.50 approx. ($3.38/serve)
- 500g chicken breast or thigh
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs or oregano
- 4 wholemeal pita pockets
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 tomatoes
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 cup mint leaves (approx. half a bunch)
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup Greek yoghurt
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Prep: chop tomatoes and cucumber into small cubes. Finely slice red onion and mint. Crush garlic, juice half of a lemon. Slice chicken into bite sized strips.
- Place chicken in a big bowl, add a drizzle of olive oil, garlic, dried herbs, half of the lemon juice and a pinch of salt & pepper. Put aside.
- Place tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, mint, olive oil and a pinch of salt & pepper in a bowl and mix together. Put aside for serving.
- Place Greek yoghurt, the rest of the lemon juice and a pinch of salt & pepper in a small bowl and mix. Put aside for serving.
- Heat a pan on a medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 8-10mins, stirring regularly.
- Assemble and Serve!