Baked Beans On Toast
WITH Sarah McCarthy
Swap the highly processed baked beans on white bread for a healthier version. This will keep your blood sugar levels lower and keep you fuller for longer throughout the morning. Serves 4, so cook this recipe one day and you have breakfast for the next 3 days.
- 140g no added salt tomato paste
- ½ bunch parsley
- 200g cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2 cans cannellini beans (drained)
- 4 slices light cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 4 slices of grain bread (toasted)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes or until starting to colour.
- Add tomato paste and stir until heated through.
- Add in beans and parsley.
- Add spinach leaves and stir to wilt.
- Add salt and pepper and turn off heat.
- Place cheese slice on toast and top with bean mixture. Top with cherry tomatoes and parsley to serve.