How Affirmations Can Increase Motivation
You may have learned from experience that words have power, which is why the adage “be careful what you wish for” remains relevant to this day. This is why words of encouragement can lead you to success, while negative self-talk can result in failure.
Affirmation refers to the act of affirming something or declaring it to be true. Affirmations can be spoken out loud, written down, or simply thought of.
They can be positive or negative. For example, if you’ve been jobless for months, the positive affirmation “Today, I will be successful in my interview. I will be confident and do well” can help you maintain your optimism and drive, even as you’ve been struggling to find a new job. However, if all you’re focused on is failure, you can get held back by a negative assertion like “Nobody wants me. I’m qualified for nothing.”
If you’re feeling down or demotivated, you’re in the right place. Here, we’ll talk about the role of positive affirmations in motivation. We’ll also provide examples of positive affirmations or motivational quotes you can use to stay inspired.
Benefits of Positive Affirmations
Positive affirmations are crucial to staying motivated until you achieve your goals.
However, the following benefits show they can help you accomplish so much more:
- They reduce or minimise stress.
- They help you manage, control, or remove pessimistic thoughts and fear.
- They ensure you stay focused on your objectives, no matter how difficult things may seem.
- They aid in reprogramming negative thought patterns and rewire your brain.
- They can increase positive health behaviours.
- They enhance self-confidence so you feel better about yourself.
- They encourage self-reflection and help you focus on the good.
Using Affirmations to Stay Motivated
To stay motivated by using affirmations, you need to create ones that will resonate with you and keep you moving forward.
Below are examples of the best affirmations for motivation.
Morning Affirmations for Motivation
Positive morning affirmations can help you start your day with hope and inspiration. They can be general or very specific.
- This day will be a good day.
- Today is an opportunity to make a positive difference.
- I will start afresh today.
- Something wonderful will happen today.
- I feel energised, joyful, and amazing.
- My heart is full of gratitude.
- I’m ready for anything.
- This is my time to contribute positively to my ____.
- I am ready to inspire and be inspired.
- I can, and I will.
Sleep Affirmations for Motivation
Just as it’s important to start your day right, it’s also crucial to end it on a good note.
- The day is over, and I am grateful for the lessons I have learned.
- I pray for positive thoughts to fill my dreams.
- Such a tiring day! Now I’m ready to harness the revitalising power of sleep.
- Today is gone, and I look forward to a better day tomorrow.
- I’ve done my best. I deserve some good sleep tonight.
- It’s time to rest so I’ll be ready to face tomorrow.
- Tomorrow, I will wake up energised and inspired.
- Although today wasn’t perfect, tomorrow is a brand-new day.
- I’ll have a good night’s sleep so I can wake up reinvigorated to face tomorrow.
- I am grateful for today and will confidently face new challenges tomorrow.
You can modify these examples as you see fit.
What’s important is you’re declaring positive thoughts, and these will not only keep you motivated but also help you focus on what’s good and worth pursuing.