Tropical Chicken Salad with Honey Roasted Cashews
WITH Jazmyn McKinnie
Dinner/Lunch • 25 mins • Serves: 4 • Cost: $21.15 approx. ($5.30/serve)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 mango
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- ½ cucumber
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ can beans
- ½ cup cashews
- 1 lime
- 1 T + 1 tsp honey
- 1 crushed garlic clove or 1 tsp garlic paste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Coriander to serve
- Preheat oven to 150oC (fan-forced).
- Mix cashews with 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp olive oil and ¼ tsp salt & pepper.
- Cook in the oven for 10mins.
- Dressing: Mix lime juice, 1 T honey, garlic, 2 T olive oil, ¼ tsp chilli flakes, salt & pepper.
- Marinade chicken in 2 T of the dressing.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil on a grill pan at medium heat.
- Cook chicken 10 – 12 mins on each side.
- Prepare salad: Dice mango, slice cherry tomatoes, peel cucumber to make ribbons.
- Construct salad: Put all raw salad ingredients together, add chicken, beans & cashews.
- Serve with rest of dressing and coriander.
To join our FREE LIVE online classes that run multiple times every day and get your own personalised nutrition plan, invitations to FREE wellness offerings and competitions complete our short registration form.