WITH Jazmyn McKinnie
Dinner/Lunch • 25mins • Serves: 4 • Cost: $11.50 approx. ($2.90/serve)
- 2 cups brown cooked brown rice (we used family sized microwavable brown rice, cook your own in advance to save $$)
- 1 cups of vegetable or chicken stock
- 2 tsp minced garlic or 2 garlic cloves
- 2 TBSP lemon juice
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas (or fresh if you can find them)
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 4 cups spinach (or any other leafy greens)
- ½ cup pine nuts
- Prep: Chop asparagus, crush garlic, grate parmesan.
- Heat pan on low- medium heat, add pine nuts and cook for 2-3 mins until they are slightly golden. Remove and put aside.
- Drizzle olive oil in a pan, add asparagus and garlic, cooked rice, peas, parmesan, lemon juice, stock and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bring stock to boil then simmer for further 6-8 mins until the liquid has dissolved, stirring regularly.
- Stir through toasted pine nuts and spinach until spinach has wilted down.
Serve with fresh parsley.