Spicy Chilli Prawn Pasta
WITH Sarah McCarthy
Dinner/Lunch • 15 Minutes • Serves: 4 • Cost: $14.50 ($3.60 per Serve)
You can have this on the table within 15 minutes. A Mediterranean-style dish with a hit of seafood, extra virgin olive oil and a variety of plants, where all three of these food sources have been shown to help support positive mental health.
- 360g fettucine
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 300g medium prawns (peeled)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 cups tomato passata
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add a pinch of salt and cook the pasta as directed on the packet. Keep 1 cup of pasta cooking water before draining.
- Heat oil in pan over high heat. Add prawns and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add chilli flakes. Stir briefly.
- Add wine and garlic.
- Cook for 30 seconds until wine is mostly evaporated.
- Add tomato passata, squeeze of lemon juice, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Bring to simmer, turn heat down to medium and cook sauce for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add pasta, about ½ cup of pasta cooking water and parsley. Toss gently for 1 minute until sauce re-thickens and it coats the pasta.
- Adjust salt, pepper and spiciness to taste. Serve with more parsley.