Spicy Beef Hokkien Noodles
WITH Sarah McCarthy
Dinner/Lunch • 20 Minutes • Serves: 4 • Cost: $5.50 per serve
In the new year it’s the time to reset poor habits we may have let slip by at the end of the year. This is a great meal to prep at the beginning of the week, instead of buying takeaway lunch out. Full of protein (from beef) and fibre (from veggies) to keep you feeling full until you get home from work and prevent the afternoon crash.
- 400g beef rump steak (raw)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- Ginger (finely grated)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1 red capsicum (thinly sliced)
- ¾ water
- 1/2 tbsp chilli oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 zucchini (sliced)
- 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar
- 450g hokkien noodles
- Combine the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, chilli oil and the water.
- Add the beef strips with half of the marinade and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate.
- While the beef is marinating, cover the hokkien noodles with boiling water. Soak for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat pan over high heat. Add beef strips and cook until brown. Set aside.
- Heat oil over high heat. Add the garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minutes.
- Add other half of the marinade.
- Add the red capsicum and zucchini and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the beef strips and hokkein noodles until all ingredients are combined.
- Serve stir fry between plates and sprinkle coriander.