Crispy Chicken Tenders
WITH Jazmyn McKinnie
- 400 – 450g chicken tenders (or breast cut into tender-sized pieces)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of cornflakes, crushed finely (we used a food processor otherwise use your hands, potato masher, or rolling pin)
- 2 TBSP plain wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 400-500g bag of coleslaw
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup natural or Greek yoghurt
- 2 TBSP honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- preheat oven to 180°C (fan-forced) and line a tray with baking paper.
- lightly whisk the egg in one bowl
- in another bowl, mix together crushed cornflakes, flour, garlic powder, paprika, oregano and salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken tenders into the egg then into the cornflake mixture until fully coated.
- place chicken on baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil.
- bake for 10mins, turn the chicken pieces over, then bake final 8mins.
- mix the sauce ingredients together
- mix the most of the sauce with the coleslaw – save some to dip the chicken tenders in.
Serve chicken with creamy slaw and dipping sauce!
Other serving suggestions:
- turn these into wraps using wholemeal wraps.
- serve with veggies, mashed potato and gravy.
- turn these into tacos and serve with small tortillas and guacamole.
To join our FREE LIVE online classes that run multiple times every day and get your own personalised nutrition plan, invitations to FREE wellness offerings and competitions complete our short registration form.