Crispy Chicken Tenders
WITH Jazmyn McKinnie
Dinner/Lunch • 25 mins • Serves: 4 • Cost: $13.50 approx. ($3.40/serve)
- 400 – 450g chicken tenders (or breast cut into tender-sized pieces)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of cornflakes, crushed finely (we used a food processor otherwise use your hands, potato masher, or rolling pin)
- 2 TBSP plain wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 400-500g bag of coleslaw
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup natural or Greek yoghurt
- 2 TBSP honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- preheat oven to 180°C (fan-forced) and line a tray with baking paper.
- lightly whisk the egg in one bowl
- in another bowl, mix together crushed cornflakes, flour, garlic powder, paprika, oregano and salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken tenders into the egg then into the cornflake mixture until fully coated.
- place chicken on baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil.
- bake for 10mins, turn the chicken pieces over, then bake final 8mins.
- mix the sauce ingredients together
- mix the most of the sauce with the coleslaw – save some to dip the chicken tenders in.
Serve chicken with creamy slaw and dipping sauce!
Other serving suggestions:
- turn these into wraps using wholemeal wraps.
- serve with veggies, mashed potato and gravy.
- turn these into tacos and serve with small tortillas and guacamole.