WITH Sarah McCarthy
Dinner/Lunch • 20 Minutes • Serves: 4 • Cost: $24.00 ($6.00 per Serve)
High protein chicken tacos with a variety of veg, full of fibre. This recipe is a classic for when you have very little time to cook. See our ‘Shredded Chicken’ recipe to prep at the beginning of the week.
- 400g shredded chicken breast (half of this serve)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 brown onion (minced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ canned corn
- ¼ cabbage
- 1 tomato
- 1 lime
- In a pan, heat oil.
- Saute the onion until it’s soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and sauté for just 30 seconds.
- Add cumin, chilli powder, oregano, pepper and salt. Cook for 1 minute to combine.
- Add salsa, and cook to warm through.
- Add the shredded chicken to the sauce. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice cabbage and add salt and pepper, lime and 1 tsp olive oil.
- Combine tomato, corn and coriander in a bowl.
- Serve chicken tacos in warmed tortillas or taco shells with chicken, tomato/corn/coriander mix, cabbage and cheese. Enjoy!