WITH Sarah McCarthy
Carbohydrates are so important for stable moods, long-lasting energy, digestion and to provide nutrients for your body to thrive on a daily basis. This recipe includes pita bread as the source of carbohydrate to keep you feeling full for the day, with a variety of vegetables to optimise your digestion.
- 1 chicken breast (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 pita bread/Lebanese bread
- 1 cup lettuce (shredded)
- ¼ cucumber (seeds removed, chopped)
- ½ tomato (thinly sliced)
- ½ red onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsp tzatziki
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- 10 frozen chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and add the oil, garlic, oregano, paprika, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Toss it all together until the chicken is thoroughly coated.
- Transfer to a baking tray spread it out to an even layer. Cook in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, cook the chips as directed by the packaging. 5. Heat pita bread in the oven or microwave until warm.
- Top pita bread with shredded lettuce, cucumber, tomato and sliced red onion. Then spoon the chicken on top of the lettuce, down the centre of the flatbreads.
- Add chips. Spoon over tzatziki and sprinkle on dried oregano, then roll up the bread and serve.