Mushroom and Mozzarella Omelette
Recipe and Health Benefits
Nutritional benefits of ingredients
Eggs are high in protein which is essential for maintaining muscle mass, cheese is a good source of calcium for strong bones, spinach is a good source of vitamin K which works with calcium to build strong healthy bones, and mushrooms are a good source of B vitamins which help produce red blood cells and keep your body functioning.
Ingredients and Method
Serves: 1 Time: 10 mins Cost: $3 approx.
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup spinach
- ¼ cup grated cheese (we used mozzarella)
- splash of milk
- handful of fresh parsley (or any other fresh herbs on hand)
- extra virgin olive oil (approx. ½ TBSP)
- ¼ tsp salt & pepper
- Prep: chop fresh herbs, slice mushrooms, roughly chop spinach.
- Beat together eggs, splash of milk, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil on a low to medium heat on a pan.
- Pour egg mixture onto pan and leave for 1 minute, so mixture slightly thickens.
- Add spinach, mushrooms and grated cheese on to half of the omelette.
- Let cook for another 5 mins or until the surface of omelette has thickened and no visible liquid remains.
- Fold omelette in half with a spatula.
Serve with a piece of wholemeal toast!