Chickpea Salad with Garlic Roasted Potatoes
Recipe and Health Benefits
Nutritional benefits of ingredients
Chickpeas are high in fibre to feed our good gut bacteria as well as protein to maintain muscle mass, potatoes are a good source of vitamin C for a strong immune system, and green veggies are full of lots of vitamins and antioxidants that are good for your bones, mind, mood and skin.
Ingredients and Method
Serves: 4 Time: prep: 10min, oven time: 40 mins Cost: $10.50 (approx. $2.63/serve)
- 4 small – medium sized white potatoes
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ lemon
- ½ bunch parsley
- 2 cups leafy greens (spinach, rocket etc.)
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ block feta
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- preheat oven to 180oC (fan-forced).
- chop potatoes into approx. 3x3cm pieces (smaller pieces = faster cooking time), add to large baking dish.
- finely chop parsley, juice half the lemon, crush garlic cloves and mix together with potatoes and 2 TBSP olive oil, season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 mins
- Blanch asparagus and peas: chop asparagus into bite size pieces, boil 2 cups of water in a sauce pan and set up a bowl of iced water. Boil asparagus and peas for 2 mins, transfer to iced water for 1 min. Drain and set aside.
- When the potatoes have been in the oven for 30 mins, add chickpeas and bake for a final 10 mins.
- Mix leafy greens, asparagus and peas with the potatoes, season with salt and pepper.
Serve with an extra drizzle of olive oil and fresh lemon wedges!