Recipe and Health Benefits
Nutritional benefits of ingredients
Wholegrain rolls are high in fibre which helps feed your gut bacteria so they can help with your immune system, brain function, blood sugar control and weight maintenance, chicken is high in protein good for maintaining muscle mass, sweet potato is high in vitamin A which helps maintain good vision, protects the body from infections, and keeps skin healthy.
Ingredients and Method
Serves: 4 Time: 25 mins Cost: $16 ($4/serve)
- 4 Wholegrain rolls, sliced in half or portobello mushrooms
- 400g chicken mince
- 300g sweet potato
- 1/2 bunch parsley
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 160g low fat cheese, sliced
- 1 cup spinach
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
1. Heat oven to 180°C (fan forced oven).
2. Prep: grate sweet potato, slice tomatoes, cheese and bread rolls.
3. Patties: Mix mince, sweet potato, parsley, egg. Season with salt & pepper.
4. Form into 4 patties.
5. Place patties on Grill pan (or bbq) on medium heat, cook for 7 minutes.
6. Sauce: mix yoghurt, dijon mustard, honey, lemon juice. Season with salt & pepper.
7. Flip patties, cook for another 7 mins.
8. Place rolls on oven tray, place a slice of cheese & tomato on bottom half of roll.
9. Cook in oven for 5 mins or until cheese has melted.
10. Assemble your burgers: bun with cheese & tomato, spinach, pattie, yoghurt sauce
Serve with a side salad or roasted veggies