Veggies and Fruit are AMAZING!!
Here are some interesting FACTS about Veggies and Fruit.
- Eating fruit and vegetables on a daily basis reduces your risk of heart disease and may protect against certain types of cancers such as breast and cervical.
- Vegetables and fruit contain fiber and fiber helps fight obesity and type 2 diabetes. Brilliant! Fiber is also important for proper bowel function. It helps reduce constipation and diverticulosis. Fiber-containing foods such as vegetables help provide a feeling of fullness with fewer calories.
- Vegetables and fruits rich in potassium may help lower blood pressure, reduce the risk of developing kidney stones and help to decrease bone loss.
- Vegetable sources of potassium include sweet potatoes, white potatoes, white beans, tomato products (paste, sauce, and juice), beet greens, soybeans, lima beans, spinach, lentils, and kidney beans.
- Most vegetables are naturally low in fat and calories. None have cholesterol. Fantastic!
- And then you have all the nutrients and minerals. Folate (folic acid) Vitamin C, A, D and E.
Your chant for the day……
Think Plate Look Great and Eat your Veggies!