Breast Cancer – Reduce your Risk with Healthy Eating
Healthy eating can help reduce your risk of breast cancer
So whats healthy and yummy we hear you say?
There are some foods you can eat that can help reduce breast cancer risk. Being overweight puts you at a greater risk of developing breast cancer – healthier eating will help maintain your body weight!
- Make sure you eat plenty of colourful fruits and vegetables as they are full of fibre and fibre and antioxidants which are linked to lower breast cancer risk.
- Eat more salmon tuna and walnuts, these foods have omega-3 oils which have been linked to lower breast cancer risk. We have a great tasty and easy recipe for you to try.
- Choose wholegrain breads, brown rice, lentils, nuts and seeds – they are all high in fibre. Women in their 30s, 40s & 50s can reduce breast cancer risk by 14% from eating an extra 10g of fibre per day – this is only 1/2 cup oats and 1 slice of wholemeal bread.
What to avoid and why
What to limit
Now check out this delicious recipe full of colourful foods that you should be eating regularly to reduce your breast cancer risk and stay happy and healthy!
Salmon lettuce cups with Rainbow Slaw and Salsa
Serves: 4 Time: 25mins Cost: $24 ($6/serve)
- 460g salmon (approx. 4 fillets)
- 1 Cos Lettuce
- ¼ red cabbage
- 1 zucchini
- 1 carrot
- 1 tomato
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ bunch coriander
- 1tsp honey
- 1T paprika (approx.)
- 1T olive oil
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 180ºC
- Cut salmon into strips then sprinkle with paprika salt and pepper
- Bake salmon for 12mins
- Slaw: Finely slice cabbage, grate zucchini and carrot, then place in bowl
- Mix honey, olive oil and approx ¾ of the lime juice, then add to slaw
- Salsa: Finely dice tomato and chop coriander. Mix with remaining lime juice
- Season both slaw and salsa with salt and pepper
- Separate cos lettuce leaves
- Construct your lettuce cups – starting with slaw, salmon then salsa
Don’t like salmon? Swap for tuna, chicken or tofu.
Wrap your lettuce cups in wholegrain wraps for something extra or for kids!
If you’d like to receive our free nutrition plan and attend one of our free fitness sessions come and join us.
Do I need to sign-up?
Yes, you need to register with Live Life Get Active.
You must also book in for every session you want to attend.
I’m having troubles when registering, can you help?
If you cannot complete the sign-up process, please contact our Help Desk to resolve the issue.