5 Nutrition Tips to Trim those Arms!
Along with exercising to tone up those tuckshop arms, what you’re eating also has a big impact on the amount of fat your arms are holding on to.
Check out these 5 tips to help banish those bat wings. These simple changes will help reduce fat not only off your arms, but other areas of your body too!
Make vegetables the biggest part of your meals
You hear this all the time and we cannot preach it enough! Filling up on fruit and vege is our number one piece of nutrition advice to help with weight management and lowering risk of heart disease, diabetes and some cancers!
Choose brown bread over white
Always choose wholegrain bread, wraps, pitas and pasta over white. Wholemeal flour contains 60% more fibre than white flour. Fibre lowers cholesterol – this means less fat entering your body!
Choose unflavoured yoghurt and sweeten it yourself
Flavoured yoghurts can contain up to 6 teaspoons of added sugar per serving! Choose a natural yoghurt and sweeten it with 1 teaspoon of honey and fresh fruit or frozen berries.
Have protein in your meals and snacks after your workouts
Protein helps build muscle which can improve your metabolism – this means your body will burn more fat! You will find good quality protein in lean meat, fish, chicken, eggs, tofu, low-fat dairy, legumes, nuts and seeds!
Drink mainly water
Soft drink should be limited to once a week max. Juice can be just as high in sugar – if you really need your juice fix try diluting it to ¾ water and ¼ juice. Also, dehydration can be mistaken for hunger, always drink a glass of water before reaching for an extra snack!
Serves: 2 Time: 25mins Cost: $21.15 ($5.30/serve)
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 mango
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes
- ½ cucumber
- ¼ tsp chilli flakes
- ½ can beans
- ½ cup cashews
- 1 lime
- 1 T + 1 tsp honey
- 1 crushed garlic clove or 1 tsp garlic paste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Coriander to serve
- Preheat oven to 150oC (fan forced).
- Mix cashews with 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp olive oil and ¼ tsp salt & pepper.
- Cook in oven for 10mins.
- Dressing: Mix lime juice, 1 T honey, garlic, 2 T olive oil, ¼ tsp chilli flakes, salt & pepper.
- Marinade chicken in 2 T of the dressing.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil on a grill pan at medium heat.
- Cook chicken 10 – 12 mins on each side.
- Prepare salad: Dice mango, slice cherry tomatoes, peel cucumber to make ribbons.
- Construct salad: Put all raw salad ingredients together, add chicken, beans & cashews.
- Serve with rest of dressing and coriander.